Please note: The following screenshots have been taken using an iPhone running iOS11.3 The layout may differ very slightly from your display depending on your device and the version of iOS you have installed; however, the functionality will necessarily be the same.
- Check that your Canon PIXMA printer is turned on and connected to the same wireless network (sometimes referred to as WLAN) as your Apple device.
Please view our PIXMA wireless connection setup guides for assistance in connecting your PIXMA printer.
- From an app on your device, tap either [, or ] (depending on the version of iOS you have installed) to display the menu options, and then navigate to & tap on the [Print] icon.
- From [Printer Options] select the PIXMA model that you want to use.
(In this example, we will use the TS9100 series).Please note: Ensure that you are within range of your printer. All AirPrint-enabled printers within range will be displayed.
- Select the number of copies you require & other options if needed (double-sided prints, Colour settings & paper size), & then when ready, tap [Print] to start printing.
Some apps do not support AirPrint, and some printer options may not be displayed. If an app does not let you access the printer options, you cannot print from that app.
Printer options can differ depending on the app and printer you are using. Normally, when you tap print and select a model name, the displayed printer options will include up to the following four options:
- Printer: Select a model that can be used on your wireless network or WLAN
- Copies: Select the number of print copies
- Double-sided Printing: If the model supports double-sided printing, you can select On or Off
- Range: The page range can be used only with specific apps and file types (such as PDF files)
- Colour: Select [Black & White] to enable monochrome printing.
- Paper Size: For PIXMA models launched before the second half of 2016, the paper size is selected automatically according to the app being used on the Apple device and the region in which AirPrint is used.
When Apple’s photo app is used, the default paper size 4″x6″ or KG.
When documents are printed from Apple’s Safari browser, the default paper size in Europe is A4.
For printers released after 2016, the paper size directly set on the printer (using the operation panel) is used.
Your app may support different paper sizes
If you are experiencing issues with your PIXMA printer when using Apple AirPrint, please refer to the troubleshooting section of this guide.